My Style Arc pattern order arrived yesterday!
So, last night I traced the Robin Top and this morning, I made a test garment.
Ignoring the fabric, I really like this top! It has contour, or fisheye, darts at the waist, front and back. There are bust darts in the front and the side seam is curved. There is a lot of shaping in this pattern. There are also side splits:
And there is a centre back zip closure. I am loving these patterns with back closures! The Deer and Doe Datura top also has a back closure. I still need to get my hands on that one!
True to form, I installed the concealed zip backwards so that it could conveniently close on the inside of the garment!
I am now deciding what fabric in my stash would suit this top. This cotton does not! I also want to make some adjustments to the pattern. I find the neckline a little high on me. I like my clavicles and want to show them off! At present, the top fits a little like a peplum, not necessarily a bad thing, except in the fabric of my test garment! I actually think I need to run up another test garment in a solid fabric to better see the shaping. I think I could deepen some of the darts, since there is a closure, but in this print, it is really difficult to ascertain what needs to be done.
Overall, I’m thrilled with how the test garment turned out, although I will not wear it. I will definitely be trying out my other patterns from this order, and ordering more patterns from them in the future. I really like the bonus pattern for August… (and not just because it has the same name as my aunt!)