I got this pattern in October 2013. I really think it is a great skirt. It has side slant pockets, a centre back zip and button closure and a flattering A-line shape. The front is in two pieces and allows for topstitching/seaming details.
I made my version out of “Heather brown herringbone stretch suiting” from Fabric Mart, which I bought in September 2013.
I opted not to include the pockets. This particular fabric was prone to misbehaviour, due to the stretch, and was far too thick to become a nice, flat pocket. I had put the relevant pieces together anyway to make a lining pattern, so I just used that as the skirt pattern, with added length. This is what I love about sewing my own clothes: I choose to have pockets (or not), and I always choose to have lining.
I have several metres of this lining. I was originally planning to use it for the Coco jacket, until I opted for silk dupioni.
I am still working on getting even waistbands at the back. On this one, I actually changed the overlap to (attempt to) disguise the fact that one side ended up shorter (and the fact that I hadn’t a long enough scrap to redo it!). I also had no desire to attempt a buttonhole on this fabric, opting instead for a hook and eye.
This is definitely a skirt I will make again. I like that it can be quite casual (and have some denim I may use for another), and the length is perfect for boots come winter. Although I did not use the pockets on this one, they were a major incentive for getting this pattern. I hope to use them in a future version (probably not the denim!).